For the love of Japanese fashion


My love for Japanese fashion is what first sparked my interest in fashion. Despite my mother's whims I was never really into "conventional fashion" until I discovered Fruits in high school, ever since my love for Japanese fashion has evolved and grown like my love for fashion itself. I have moved on from "deco-kei" to more traditional style of dress. The other day I was flipping through the pages of Drop Tokyo to save some images for inspiration...when it was all said and done I realized I saved all the same girl over and over. Kazuyo Takiguchi. She's works for nestRobe (a Japanese clothing store that is TO DIE) And everything she puts together is like a relaxed, Japanese Lady Moriarty.

I don't think she can do no wrong, if only I could pull off the oversized looks as well as she. Regardless I made some inspo looks from her, trying to copy the looks in my own way. A lot of these pieces you can find similar like that Dear Creatures sailor sweater & that Yokoo cowl both at Emerging Thoughts, one of my favorite online shopping spots! (especially for them last minute holiday finds!) Check them out meow!!

(image credit)
And she wore fur

(image credit)
Overall, I like it

(image credit)
Eat your oatmeal

(image credit)
Weekend getaway

(image credit)
Feeling Grey

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    I've been wanting a cute pair of overalls for a long time now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESS me too! I love what you made - great combos

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm in love with her style, thanks for sharing this! Love the baggy trousers she wears, may have to introduce a more subtle version into my look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved your style..nice collection you got here..i wonder if you could have those fashion which is featured on the
    jung yong hwa album?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like you are of another time and this post really relates to your style, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys