Sunday Inspo: Denise Huxtable

Photobucket
Photobucket
Who wasn't influenced by Denise Huxtable growing up. I know I wished she was my big sister so I can raid her closet and she could take me shopping across Brooklyn. With her airy presence and jack of all trades personality, I closely identified with Denise, and even when I go out with my mom she always says "come on ms. huxtable..." Here's how you can achieve this iconic look in your own way. Don't forget the pudding.

Photobucket
It starts with funky blouse, let's not be afraid to mix and match patterns & textures.
(ranch blouse: need supply, floral oversized button up: aa, faux fur khaki shirt: romwe)

Photobucket
Next, 80s inspired sweaters: double check!
(pretty snake sweater, fisherman sweater: aa, batik sweater: lemon cookie DO WANT ALL OF THESE)

Photobucket
and don't be afraid to ACCESSORIZZZZZE
(velvet turban: nastygal, geo tiered earring: f21, circle stud earrings: topshop, asos leandra loafer, asos maldon)

Well, I know what I want this christmas...haha, Oh! & one of the best parts of achieving the Denise look at home, RAID YOUR THIRFTSTORE! good luk ♥

ps i added a tumblr link, let's be tumblr friends!

6 comments:

  1. :DD!!! I own denisehuxtables.tumblr.com!

    INCREDIBLE POST. I will be mentioning it on the Denise blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol'ing at the previous comment. I've always thought Denise's style was super funky when I was younger but I've grown to really appreciate her thrift store chic style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELOVELOVE.
    She was my favourite character on The Cosby Show too, haha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gonna lie, Rudy was always my favorite character on the Cosby Show, however, I was always checking out whatever Denise had on 'cos her style appeals to my eclectic (I'd like to think) fashion sense. I dig the shoes + scarves/turbans part of this post the most.

    Also, definitely going to be checking out the denise huxtable tumblr now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah when you really look at it, a lot of the clothes that we think are cool now or are fashionable now are totally from BACK THEN!! WOAHH CIRCLE OF LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspo - and oh my, turbans?

    YES!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys