say anything

 photo say1_zps25830c28.jpg photo say4_zps04e7c17a.jpg photo say11_zpsc0d84818.jpg photo say8_zps324322de.jpg
Vintage Trench: c/o La Poule Noir
stripey sweater: Madewell
trousers: vintage
creepers: gifted ;)

It should come as no surprise to any of my readers that I loves me some 80s! Films, clothes, music, hair, boy I love it all! When I got contacted by National Geographic to create a post centered around 80s fashion's influence on my personal style..., they really didn't need to ask me twice before I ran out with my camera on this rainy day.

I wanted to recreate a look that could have easily been worn back then as it could be worn today. And since I'm all about cross dressing, I was feelin a little John Cusack via Say Anything, a movie I actually did not love. (I love moments of the film, but not my favorite 80s flick, sorry Johnny) I love John's casual earnest in the climatic and iconic scene of him holding the boombox outside the window, playing a little Peter Gabriel (total swoon points), but I felt like the basics of this look, trench, slouchy shirt, slouchy green pants, felt perfect for these misty spring days. I also got to finally rock this trench that I got for La Poule Noir as a gift along with that blue 70s jacket I wore earlier!

So maybe I'm missing an 80 pound boombox to really set this look off, but overall I felt whisked away into a time of young love, using my old high school as the background for this look.

Well now I'm ready to get out this rain and marathon some 80s flicks, but in the meantime, take time to check out The ‘80s: The Decade That Made Us, a three-night event! It premieres Sunday, April 14th at 8 PM ET/PT on National Geographic Channel. I CAN'T WAIT!

 photo say7_zpsa202d231.jpg photo say10_zpsdabbd682.jpg photo say3_zpsc67da7fd.jpg photo say5_zps8f5954f5.jpg photo say6_zpsc3d49a90.jpg photo say9_zps32ee8ddf.jpgfollow me on instagram, twitter, tumblr

12 comments:

  1. I love the 80s too. Even though I was born right after they ended, I always say I should've been my age in the 80s! The big hair and bold colors. I just love it!
    Your outfit here is so cute with the striped sweater and high-waisted trousers. Great shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this look! Those high waisted trousers are perfection. I've heard of Say Anything before but never had the chance to watch it...now though I'm curious to watch it, if it inspired you style-wise for this post!
    My blog: Life Is A Romantic Poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am basically wearing this exact outfit today, minus the awesome hair.

    Happy Friday!
    Taylor
    thewearist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome outfit!! love your shoes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow for National Geographic. That is hella cool. Love John Cusack so so much so of course I'm totally here for the inspiration behind this look.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah zo cool you got asked to do something like that for national geographic !

    i love the eighties as well lately
    oversized, bleached jeans, colourfull tops and scrunchies! yay

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so amazing, as per usual! Love your shoes xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your style and love those shoes!!!!

    I follow your blog can we follow each other?

    http://elogiosamislocuras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi dear i just found your blog and i love it!!!! love your coat and striped top! i love your style!would you be interested in following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? I always return the follow..leave me a comment and let me know
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

hey guys